CEIR seeks a qualified Project Coordinator to join our team.
The Project Coordinator will report to the Program Director and will be responsible for monitoring project progress, promoting communication, and ensuring key milestones are met. The Project Coordinator will partner with CEIR’s Research manager and other project staff to create project action plans and coordinate resources. Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Project Coordinator facilitates all CEIR projects and performs the following activities:
Communication & Coordination
- Organize and participate in project meetings and other communications
- Direct project correspondence by preparing and reviewing project proposals, meeting notes, and emails
- Communicate with research partners and other stakeholders as needed
- Provide updates on success of projects, using project data and milestones met as evidence
- Maintain and monitor project plans and project activity schedules
- Evaluate project risks and monitor changes that may affect projects
- Ensure project-specific compliance issues are addressed (for example, ensuring sensitive data is deleted in a timely manner)
- Adhere to budget by monitoring expenses and suggesting cost-saving measures
- Maintain a high level of organization
- Help finalize project documents and other materials (for example, you may help format a report or check for typos)
- Conduct project-related background research as needed
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated individual who wants to join a quickly growing nonprofit that seeks to make a substantial, positive, nonpartisan impact on elections and American democracy. The Project Coordinator role is a full-time job. CEIR’s office is in Washington, DC, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all CEIR staff are working remotely for the foreseeable future. Therefore, while we prefer applicants who live in the Washington, DC Metro Area, we will also consider qualified applicants who live elsewhere.
- You have a bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of project management or coordination experience (strongly preferred)
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills with the ability to synthesize complex information quickly and explain concepts clearly and concisely
Competitive pay will be offered commensurate with qualifications, and benefits will be provided (including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) with up to 5 percent match, and commuter benefits).
Email the following to email@example.com:
1. Brief cover letter explaining your interest (less than one page)
3. Three references
Interviews and hiring will be done on a rolling basis.